Firmware upgrade technique

I am working on a firmware upgrade/downgrade procedure for our embedded board. The board is running embedded linux, 64Mb ram and 4mb flash. The software will be downloaded via service kit and should be deployed on the board. The roll back mechanism in case of failure should be provided. Basically the board will roll back to the previous software version through the boot loader notification that upgrade was done and restart failed, so the boot loader on next re-start will start an old software. There can be entire filesystem or a set of folders to upgrade.

Does somebody know any specific/standard procedures or can suggest me anything about what the best way to do that.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Reply to
Dmytro Bablinyuk