Far Field Microphone

I am developing a home centric consumer product using a pure Voice User
Interface for command and control and need some help in finding low cost
far field microphones.   Andrea Electronics appears to have had a
product but it looks like it is being phased out.

Our application will have a limited vocabulary ASR so a less than great
mic may work.  A 95 - 98% recognition rate at 2.5 meters is our target.
     The system will have multiple microphone inputs.  Binocular or
larger array configurations are acceptable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Re: Far Field Microphone

You might want to contact
http://www.eMicrophones.com/index.asp

I don't know if his personal expertise covers exactly what you are
looking for.

He sells to the speech recognition end-user and posts frequently to
comp.speech.users .
If he doesn't know the answer, he could point you in useful directions.

I'm a satisfied customer.

Re: Far Field Microphone

Thanks Richard.  I'll follow up with him.

Joe

Re: Far Field Microphone
The only microphone array left in the market is from AcousticMagic.
www.acousticmagic.com
All the other manufacturers stopped making them. (labtec microphone array,
andrea da-400, gn-netcom microphone array RIP)
Maybe it is because microphone arrays are useless for speech
recognition......

Re: Far Field Microphone

I use an AcousticMagic array and quite like it.  It seems to work
great in my applications.

Why do you think that arrays are useless for speech recognition?  I'm
certainly no expert on microphones.

rif

Re: Far Field Microphone
Are you familiar with the "EverBeam" optical microphone by Phone-Or,
Ltd.?  This was announced as a product for VR and telematics
applications.  I see they have established relationships with Motorola
and VCON amongst others but I can't find the product available for sale
anywhere.

Any thoughts regarding the device or its availability?

Joe

http://www.phone-or.com/products.asp?pageID14 %
Phone-Or | Products

http://198.66.193.26/data/Library/Files/EverBeam_SR_White_Paper.pdf
EverBeam_SR_White_Paper.pdf (application/pdf Object)

Site Timeline