Far Field Microphone

I am developing a home centric consumer product using a pure Voice User Interface for command and control and need some help in finding low cost far field microphones. Andrea Electronics appears to have had a product but it looks like it is being phased out.

Our application will have a limited vocabulary ASR so a less than great mic may work. A 95 - 98% recognition rate at 2.5 meters is our target. The system will have multiple microphone inputs. Binocular or larger array configurations are acceptable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

You might want to contact Martin Markoe

I don't know if his personal expertise covers exactly what you are looking for.

He sells to the speech recognition end-user and posts frequently to comp.speech.users . If he doesn't know the answer, he could point you in useful directions.

I'm a satisfied customer.

Reply to
Richard Owlett

Thanks Richard. I'll follow up with him.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

The only microphone array left in the market is from AcousticMagic.

All the other manufacturers stopped making them. (labtec microphone array, andrea da-400, gn-netcom microphone array RIP) Maybe it is because microphone arrays are useless for speech recognition......

Reply to
Yehuda Mittelman

I use an AcousticMagic array and quite like it. It seems to work great in my applications.

Why do you think that arrays are useless for speech recognition? I'm certainly no expert on microphones.

rif

Reply to
rif

Are you familiar with the "EverBeam" optical microphone by Phone-Or, Ltd.? This was announced as a product for VR and telematics applications. I see they have established relationships with Motorola and VCON amongst others but I can't find the product available for sale anywhere.

Any thoughts regarding the device or its availability?

Joe

Phone-Or | Products

http://198.66.193.26/data/Library/Files/EverBeam_SR_White_Paper.pdfEverBeam_SR_White_Paper.pdf (application/pdf Object)

Reply to