Erase Block Summary (EBS) without mkfs.jffs2 & sumtool?

Is it possible to add Erase Block Summary (EBS) informations to a
JFFS2 filesystem without having to create a JFFS2 image and using
sumtool?  I am trying to speed up my JFFS2 mount time.  Currently, I
write my filesystem to flash using an NFS mounted root file system.
To add the EBS information, I used mkfs.jffs2 to create a JFFS2 image
and then used sumtool to add the EBS information to the filesystem and
then copied the filesystem image to the flash.  When I do this, the
board will boot up but after I do a write, the board will lock up and
u-boot doesn't even start when I power cycle the board.  Thus, I would
like to be able to add Erase Block Summary (EBS) information to a
JFFS2 filesystem without having to create an JFFS2 image and using
sumtool and see the behavior.  Is this possible?

Site Timeline