elf structure explainance

hello,

I want to know the details about ELF file header structure and process of relocation that happens with an elf file. I m working on a bootlader and need to know the structure and method as to how elf file gets mapped.

Any pointers will help

bye,

nikhil

Reply to
nikhil bhargav

Look google for "system V ABI" and "ELF". You should find the ABI ref easily at Intel,

Sun and Motorola sites. Note that a significant part is CPU-dependant so in some case

the specific part is a bit difficult to find (68K comes to mind). There's also a book "Linkers and Loaders" about all formats.

Eric

Eric Dujardin

Another reference is glibc sources (elf/dl-*.c). It contains complete source to ld-linux.so.2, though unfortunately it is quite difficult to understand, as it is choke-full of macros.

Cheers,

Paul Pluzhnikov

Hey thnks all of u,

Pls give me the we sources of above if u have.

nikhil

Reply to
nikhil bhargav