elf structure explainance

hello,

I want to know the details about ELF file header structure and process
of relocation that happens with an elf file. I m working on a
bootlader and need to  know the structure and method as to how elf
file gets mapped.

Any pointers will help

bye,

nikhil

Re: elf structure explainance

Look google for "system V ABI" and "ELF". You should find the ABI ref easily at
Intel,

Sun and Motorola sites. Note that a significant part is CPU-dependant so in some
case

the specific part is a bit difficult to find (68K comes to mind).
There's also a book "Linkers and Loaders" about all formats.

Eric
--------------
www.jaluna.com

Re: elf structure explainance

Another reference is glibc sources (elf/dl-*.c).
It contains complete source to ld-linux.so.2, though unfortunately
it is quite difficult to understand, as it is choke-full of macros.

Cheers,

Re: elf structure explainance

Hey thnks all of u,

Pls give me the we sources of above if u have.

nikhil

Site Timeline