Linux kernel 2.6.17.6 compilation error w/ ML403 platform config.

when building the 2.6.17.6 kernel w/ the default ml403_platform config
file, I get an error message relative to the include/asm/processor.h
file and an undefined CONFIG_x86_L1_CACHE identifier. Could someone
help me finding out what this problem is about? I found nothing very
usefull on the internet.

Many thanks,

Eric

PS: I use binutils-2.17 & gcc-4.1.1.

Re: Linux kernel 2.6.17.6 compilation error w/ ML403 platform config.

Well, I'm by no means an expert here, but I assume when you are
referencing the ml403 platform, you're talking about the PowerPC core
embedded in the Virtex 4 FX FPGA.  From your error, it sounds like you
are pulling in x86-related headers.  So I'd guess that you haven't
properly selected your architecture (i.e., PowerPC instead of x86).

John

Site Timeline