Best recommended hardware

I am thinking to start a business in home security/control. I am looking for
a cheap solution.
The best hardware I would think of would have lots of I/O (maybe 40
lines...), low power consumption, 2 or 3 UART, USB plug. On the other hand,
probably no need for PC features like LCD control, HDD, Ethernet links
etc... I do not really care about the type of CPU. Mots of the tasks would
be routine checking and communication. No display management etc... It means
that porcessing power would be low. Communications, programming etc... would
be done through serial link.
Idea of cost would be in the range of 100 to 150 USD/EURO

Does any one know about Hardwares brands that would fit?

Thank you in advance

Patrick

Site Timeline