After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M, will it be Ok?

We are using MIPS based Processor with Embedded Linux, there is 64M
RAM and 32M Flash, we are going to add some mkore applicaytion code
later, currently the vmliux image size is 17M, if we burn Flash, will
it be Ok?. we are using JFFS2 file system, incase if out vmliux size
goes beyon what size, I couldnot load onto Flash, thanks in advance.

GS

Re: After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M, will it be Ok?

????  WTF did you do?  Built a monolithic kernel with every known driver?

I'd start by looking at the build script.  My own vmlinux image is about
1MB for an ARM platform.

I think you have problems beyond the flash.

Re: After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M, will it be Ok?

Yep...I have never built i kernel that big....Is it possible your
talking about your jffs2 image being that big...? if so you must be
using glibc and your not stripping the filesystem...

Aliosa27

Re: After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M, will it be Ok?

Or using Konqueror embedded + qt + i18n + UTF-8 fonts....  (Like me.
Choke, gag, 33 mb fs... Gah.)

Site Timeline