avr-gcc memory size problem

Hi there,

I'm using an ethernut board (atmega128 based) as http server compiling the project with avr-gcc. My project reaches ap. 64kbytes, measured with avr-size. My problem is, that if I add more code, the executable seems to be corrupted. Result is, that the code is crashing pretty early. Reducing the code size in different functions solves the problem. It seems that I miss something to get full benefit of the 128kbytes program memory of the atmega128 using avr-gcc!? I checked the gcc options, but didn't found the solution for this strange behavior.

Has anyone out there any experience with "atmega128/gcc/>64k progs"?

...have fun... Michi

Reply to
Michael

Nope, but this may be of some help.

Stef

Reply to
Stef

I'm not sure but ATmega128 has 2bytes word. Maybe you have reached 64 kwords? Bogdan

Reply to
przetwornice