unable to get Networking in Solution engine board - TX error in dmesg

Hi , I have a Hitachi Solution engine board for which i m trying to get the Networking. I have built the Root file system from scratch having all the necessary entries for Networking. ( i installed all redhat packages for building the Root file system - nettools for Networking)

But still the Network is not up.( this i have verified by pinging from other systems, Even arping is not working)

I have checked for the important networking scripts such as

\etc\sysconfig\network-scripts\ifcfg-eth0 \etc\sysconfig\network-scripts\ifcfg-eth1

\etc\sysconfig\networking\devices\ifcfg-eth0 \etc\sysconfig\networking\devices\ifcfg-eth1 All are fine.basically there are two interfaces in my board

Some Details:

1 . when I type ifconfig i m able to get all the information required such as IP address and others.

Except the Mac address The mac address looks something like this.

00:00:00:00:ff:ff

Is it correct to have like this??

  1. when i type arp i got the output like this

$ /sbin/arp

hardware address incomplete

  1. When i tried to do arping it gets failed.

  1. i checked the dmesg.

it shows something like TX error: dirty_bit bla bla.......

I feel the problem is with finding the Mac address...

Please share with me you views and suggestions and any other ideas.

BTW, im a newbie to Linux Networking .

Although this topic is relevant to Networking, I have posted here so that any body having expericne with Solution engine boards can help me.

Thanks in advance.

regards SaranJothy.

Reply to
SaranJothy