Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

init script problem in rc.d
I added one start script in /etc/rc.d/rcx.d/Smyscript. In Smyscript, I started some daemons, some are real daemon writtten in C code, some are really shell scripts put in background (let me refer this...

New to MontaVista Development - Help
Hello and thanks for reading this. I am very new to MontaVista development and am in need of some resources as well as some advice. I am developing a Graphical User Interface for our client and I have...
2
2

External Interrupt
Hi, I used the linux kernel 2.6.10 with a processor MPC8548E. I wrote a driver for a device connected with the local bus. This device has an external interrupt. In the local bus driver I have used the...
1
1

First program on arm board
Hi, I am very new to embedded linux. I have a pxa255 based board and I am planning to put linux on it. To start with I am writing a small program by which I can just toggle the LED. Below is snapshot...
10
10

How to test packet loss rate ?
Hi What's the definition and units about packet loss , is there any good tool to diagnose it ? Thank you .

Embedded System with Graphic LCD
Hey everyone, I've been searching the interweb to determine the best approach to add a graphic LCD to an embedded Linux system, but have so far turned up short. Perhaps someone here can shed some...
1
1

{Commercial} Safesquid Version 4.2.2.RC7 released
Hello friends, SafeSquid, Linux based Content Filtering Internet Proxy, has released Version 4.2.2.RC7. There has been enhancements related to memory management, reporting, logging of IPs along with...

USB 2.0 Host controller chip for Linux
Hi, I've been tasked with creating a USB 2.0 interface for a FPGA design running embedded Linux (Windriver) and have found myself mired in a land of endless datasheets and acronyms. What I would like...
2
2

regarding the device drivers
I have some basic questions plz help me out in those. We have all the dirvers in /usr/src/linux/drivers isn't it ? What work do we do in driver deveoplment? We have user and kernel level drivers ,what...
1
1

telnetd service root account login question
Hi Can busybox telnetd service deny root login and create another account for root priviledge login "backdoor" ? Can we do this request use system file /etc/securetty ? Thank you .
1
1

TCP Window size question
Hi Can we change these files to tune network performance in embedded linux ? /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default...

CFP: DATICS 2008 - Design, Analysis and Tools for Integrated Circuits and Systems
CALL FOR PAPERS ========================================================== Special session: Design, Analysis and Tools for Integrated Circuits and Systems DATICS 2008 July 22-24, 2008 (Crete Island,...

per-thread stats
Hi, I am debugging performance issue of an embedded software system running on linux. I would like to know how much time each thread spends in each of its states - running, blocked ( on i/o, mutex ......
2
2

Allocating many 'net_device's (virtual interfaces)
Dear all, I wish to allocate many (ten of thousands) 'net_device's, for a virtual interfaces application I'm looking for references this capability. -. I know vconfig target ~4K interfaces I need/wish...

USB printer on embeded linux...
Dear all, I want to transplant the programs to embeded linux on S3C2410 arm platform,but the original filesystem have no "usb/lp0" node,so I make a node using: #mknod /dev/usb/lp0 c 180 0 In kernel...