Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dream branded AirSource heat pump in S.UK?
Hi Just wondered if there are any here using "Dream" branded air source heatpumps in Southern UK? These are manufactured by E. S. Nord in Guangdong, China and seem to be the only brand available at a...

OT. Dream branded AirSource heat pump in S.UK?
Hi Just wondered if there are any here using "Dream" branded air source heatpumps in Southern UK? These are manufactured by E. S. Nord in Guangdong, China and seem to be the only brand available at a...

Call for Papers: 3rd International Conference on E-Learning and E-Technologies in Education ICEEE 2014
The Third International Conference on E-Learning and E-Technologies in Educ ation (ICEEE2014) March 18-20, 2014 Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia The...

Buck-boost DC-DC converter online simulation
Online simulation of buck-boost converter DC-DC converter is ready. Buck-boost DC-DC converter has special feature that output voltage is with negative polarity, and absolute value of the output...

Buck DC-DC converter online simulation
Online simulation of buck (step-down) DC-DC converter is ready. Read theory of operation:

Broadcast TV format question
I watch some programs on PBS TV that are strangely formatted. The video image is bordered on all 4 sides by black. This makes for a quite smaller image. If this were an aspect ration issue the image...
4
4

Fuses in place of motor "heaters"? (induction motor protection)
Looking to provide switching for 1-phase, 220 AC, 1/2 hp motor that doesn't include use of a contactor. I appreciate the need for precise current limit (LRA) that a branch breaker can't provide. So, I...
12
12

Fuzzy logic
Fuzzy logic is advanced concept for data processing and analyzing. It is based upon human-like way of thinking and it is powerful tool for analysis of multidimensional data. Now, free web online...

Automotive microwave motion detector at home
I have an automotive microwave motion detector 2.4 GHz. However, I use it at home, powered from the mains. It has a drawback - it is sensitive to glitches occurring at the time of turning on and off...
2
2

Why use a contactor?
A friend (in USA) with a 220v, 1-phase horizontal bandsaw in his home machine shop wants to replace the 1/4 hp motor with 1/2 hp and rewire with an auto-off switch (when the blade cuts through the...
42
42

Section about switching mode power supply just started
Read first article:

Sudbury story
x-no-archive: yes Leroy Jenkins picked up to a very sad Michael Lalonde. Leroy Jenkins cal mly assured him that most man-eating capybaras shudder before mating, yet s potted wolf hamsters usually...

JFET Colpitts Oscillator is kind of L-C oscillator but this scheme has one inductor and two capacitors
JFET Colpitts Oscillator is kind of L-C oscillator, but this scheme has one inductor and two capacitors. Now it can be simulated on: read more:

JFET Hartley oscillator as a kind of L-C resonant circuit oscillator is practical L-C oscillator with JFET as active amplifier
New tutorial is ready It now can be simulated on: Customer service is our #1 priority. Get a premium domain for your website today. Financing available. Customer service is our #1 priority. Get a...

JFET Common Source Amplifier as counterpart of BJT Common Emitter Amplifier
JFET Common Source Amplifier as counterpart of BJT Common Emitter Amplifier has (on average) smaller voltage gain, higher input impedance, higher non-linearity and can operate on higher frequencies....