IR receiver for KVM monitor switch

I'm starting for scratch knowledge wise. I want to modify a KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) switch to receive discrete IR commands for switch to port 1 or 2.

Current KVM switches take a series of strokes to switch Scroll Lock, Scroll Lock, 1 = port 1 Scroll Lock, Scroll Lock, 2 = port 2

I'd like to add a IR receiver to do this function.

Just need to get the ball rolling.

Thanks, Rey

Reply to
rey

More about me:

VB3 source code:
VB6 source code:
VB6 - MySQL how to:
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras:
johnecarter atat mindspring dotdot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email.

Reply to
the Wiz