video AV signal type (historic) info sought

Back in the mists of time, around 1980 I guess, Sony produced a TV with A/V socket, stated for 'Video recorder' use, and there was a separate

5 pin DIN socket labelled as a 'Tape recorder' (audio out?)

I am trying to determine how to make use of this tv using signals available on a scart - video composite and audio etc.

There is no separate audio in, as there is nowadays, and I wonder if AV signals ever went through a historical phase when they were video/audio mixed, in one single pin connection, or if maybe the din was intended to be used for audio in?

--
AC
Reply to