Camcoder and S video question

I have a fairly mature Panasonic NV-DS5EN camcoder. It plugs into an interface unit with Audio L/R video RCA sockets, and also has a pot named S-Video out, and a cable for this. No mention of S-Video IN. So is the IN function incorporated in the one S-Vide mini DIN(?) plug? There are 4 pins and a shell. Otherwise, how do I put a signal INTO the recording (or is that not possible?)

Reply to
Gingre

Alan Rutlidge

Alan

Did you mean to give me a reply? (BTW I meant port and not pot!)

"Alan Rutlidge"

Reply to
Gingre

Have no experience with this particular model, but many don't.

Possibly switchable input or output via a menu function. If the socket is really labelled "S-video OUT", then it's doubtful.

Normal for S-video.

It should be covered in the user manual. Possibly only composite input, maybe via a 4 way 1/8" plug-cable combined with the audio. That's what some camcorders use anyway.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

I have a panasonic, different model NV77 but sounds like the same setup. The only way I can record on the tape , other than by using the camera is via the firewire port. If you have a firewire socket on that model then it will be possible via a PC..

Note someone has asked the question here with a similar answer.

I also found other links indicating it is possible.

Russell

Reply to
rverdon

The

Yes, that's simply because your camera has no analog video input circuitry I assume.

Assuming you can get the video into the computer. May need to buy an anaolg video input card for the computer.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Gingre a scris:

It's S-VIDEO OUT only. Search manual , maybe there is another port for input to record video....

Reply to
e-micro