TEAC GF-350

TEAC have a new 'gizmo', the GF-350 which has a record player and CDRW burner. Oddly, it needs 'Audio CDs' to work, and won't work with computer CDs. What is the difference?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

A couple minutes of resaerch would have told you that there is a file written to the audio CD. If it isn't there, the audio CD burners don't see a CD in the tray.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"audio" CDRs have the blessing of the RIAA and cost more. there is aome difference in the initial content, which I don't recall. It's probably something a firmware upgrade can fix... (if you can find a patched firmware)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Apparently they have a flag bit set - molded into the blanks and which can't be altered by a CD writer. So for this gadget you have to pay the higher price.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Do yourself the big favor and get a real turntable. What happened to TEAC anyway?

Reply to
Steven

This might suit a parent who still has a lot of LPs.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson