Storage of Li-ion batteries

I have a digital camera that takes a Lithium Ion battery. I bought a spare and was wondering how I should store it, charged or uncharged or doesn't it matter with this type of battery?

Reply to
Jon

Store Li-ion at about 50% charge at 0-20C. Recharge it to that level about every 3 months. The exact level is not critical but both high charge and high temperature permanently use up self dischargiing cell chemicals at a faster rate while 0% can be fatal if prolonged. Self discharge in packs runs about

5-10%/month.. The shelf life runs about 2-5 years (gradual capacity degradation) used or not so it is probably more cost efficient to alternate using the packs.
Reply to
H. Dziardziel