Crystal question

I have a crystal on an 18 year old PCB - said crystal is in a rectangular metal can.

On it are the markings:

DOC-20

18432.00 KHZ KDS-4A

It is attached to the PCB underneath each corner.

Am I correct in thinking that this is an 18.432 MHz crystal?

Whatever, are these still readily available today? It's just that the current one appears to have a dodgy internal connection.

Thanks

Reply to
rgb-man

Also meant to ask - what is the can/case type of the crystal I described?

As I say, it's rectangular, just under and inch long, about half an inch wide and a bit under quarter of an inch high. Looks fairly standard to me.

Reply to
rgb-man

The device you are after is a crystal oscillator module. It is in a 14 pin DIL package, and yours appears to be a standard frequency (phew!), hopefully the pinout is the same too - they've been pretty standard for a few years now so I'd take a guess that you'll be okay. RadioSpares list them as a stock item, so I'd bet that Arrow do too. Between those two (and Farnell if they are closer to home) you should be able to get a replacement pretty easily.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Thanks Ken. You mention about it being a 14-pin DIL package - well, it's only got four pins. Now i'm even more confused. :)

Reply to
rgb-man

Ignore my last comment - now figured out what you mean. :)

Reply to
rgb-man