Simulation of RTDs and Thermocouples

I'm facing a serious challenge of how to simulate some RTDs and thermocouples for an automatic (PLC-controlled) hardware simulation system that I am proposing. I'm not really looking for "outrageous" ideas like a servo motor turning a pot, etc. I would prefer to use off-the-shelf units, but a discrete component circuit would be OK, if necessary.

I tried googling for something, but only came up with human-adjustable simulators. I need something that can be controlled by a PLC. In defeat, I turn to you - please help!

BRW

Reply to
Bennet Williams

CWatters

Sorry I missed the bit about needing PLC control. Best I could dind is one with an RS232 port.

Reply to
CWatters

Thanks for the link. I can use this one. I will be capable of interfacing via RS-485 or IEEE-488.

BRW

Reply to
Bennet Williams