schematics for two projects

Hi,

Here are a couple of projects that I've recently built. One is a dc motor direction controller for a sculpture. When the motor raises a stone to the top, it trips a microswitch, which reverses the direction of the motor and the stone descends. When the motor lowers the stone to the bottom, it closes another microswitch, reverses the direction of the motor again and it raises the stone. This cycle goes on continuously.

The schematic is at,

The other project was a well pump timer. There are two well pumps that fill a cistern. The circuit toggles between the two pumps, which stay on and stay off at adjustable times.

Jon

Reply to
Jon G.

Both projects will be better and simpler if you use microprocessor.

Fernando

"Jon G." escreveu na mensagem news:i1tde.2673$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...

Reply to
Fernando

"Fernando" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@gorgo.centroin.com.br...

As for the DC motor controller you're wrong. A micro would only give unnecessary complications. As for the pumps I doubt it. You may go from two to one electronic component but you'll have to program the latter. Which requires some skills and equipment. I would use a micro for it but for flexibility not for component count.

petrus bitbyter.

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

You could use a 3.2GHz, 64-bit CPU PC with 2GB RAM running XP and download free software.....

(please, I'm only kidding!)

More seriously, you could use two DPDT push-on/push-off microswitches and throw away the relay, but the circuits as given are perfectly adequate. Maybe the latching dual-coil relay is a bit hard to get some places, but it's still a good solution.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor