Re: ...surveillance of drinking water...

> >Hey Jim, > >who was it giving a *FRENCH* name to his daughter? > > 41 years ago, who was to know ?:-)

Well, Eisenhower did say, "Never trust the French", but I guess we needed a reminder.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.

"I would rather have the German army in front of me than the French army behind me." -- Gen. G. Patton

Reply to
gwhite

WII veterans had another saying - "When the Germans fired, the British ducked. When the British fired, the Germans ducked. When the Americans fired, everybody ducked."

Reply to
David

A captured Japanese soldier was asked who is the best at jungle warfare.

"The British", he said.

"What about the Americans", he was asked.

"The Americans don't fight in the jungle. They destroy the jungle, then they fight."

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Well, they were on the right side in 1776

--
Then there's duct tape ...
              (Garrison Keillor)

He'd had to deal with De Gaulle