Re: Shoplifting security device

hi,

> > Not sure if this is the right newsgroup, but here it goes anyway: > > My friend bought a purse a while ago and she didn't use it much; now she > started to use it, and for some reason every time she goes into or out > of a store the shoplifting alarm goes off. I assume there is one of > those devices in her purse that has not been deactivated at the time of > purchase. Now this doesn't make sense since: > > 1) At the time of purchase, the store alarm dind't go off (maybe it was > broken???) > > 2) I looked all over the damn purse and I can't find it. >

Not all security tags are made like the slim, rectangular kind you see on DVDs and such. Sometimes they will use stickers that have coils wound between the layers. These are usually white in color and about 1" square(more or less) in size.

Is there a metallic logo or other metal decoration on the purse which resembles a coil (like a disc shape wound around in circles)? Also have her check the articles in her purse for a metal object of similar design. If you find one, this could be inducing just enough to set off the sensor.

Other than that, look harder for a hidden security tag inside the purse. You may have overlooked it.

Good luck, Ray

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

You can read about how the various types of tags work here:

Good luck on fixing the thing :-)

Ewan

Reply to
Ewan Sinclair

chibitul wrote: ...

Hide a spring-type rat trap inside the purse. Results of the next unwarranted search will be amusing.

Reply to
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

In article , snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net mentioned...

Probably not. [snip]

Ask the company, it's Knogo.

The library uses one that's not the same.

I think you are fishing for info on how to defeat their system.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

OK, give me your address, I will ship you the purse. moron...

Reply to
chibitul