Re: Output protection

By the way, here's a schematic to help you understand...

"Ziguy" a écrit dans le message de news:b9VVa.30$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

I design a automotive application that has 3 wires (supply, ground and a > output). Internaly, this output is connected to the ouput of a high side > power mosfet switch. In order to protect my circuit from wrong connection,
put a diode in serie with the output but now I have big problems with

power

dissipation. The output can source up to 5A. > > Instead, what do you think if I putting a diode between the supply and the > output??? That way, if the user connect the supply wire to the ground and > the output wire to the battery+ (my last unprotected fatal scenario), he > will only blow his fuse! > > Good idea? > > >
Reply to
Ziguy

w_tom