Re: Looking for a quick + dirty 2 channel remote

Hi,

> I need to control 2 relays remotely (probably IR). Maplins do a > transmitter/reciever kit that looks ideal, but they cant deliver for at > least a couple of months! Ive found all sorts of schematics on the net, but > they either seem too simple (one channel only) or too complex (pic > processors and the like). > I need a simple "button 1 down, relay 1 on, button 2 down, relay 2 on" > operation. No huge range, not secure or anything, and will probably only be > used at night. Any pointers? > Thanks > James > >

Hey I'm taking an EE elective and for our final project we're doing somes simple IR. We're using the Holtek H12A and H12D chips. They're relatively slow but perfectly suited for what you're doing. I just built the transmitter today and it fits on a 2x3 protoboard. The chips are pretty easy to use too.

--
mehaase(at)sas(dot)upenn(dot)edu