Re: "i want to detect the power lost & do 2 short 1 sec isolated dry contact pulse whit a 120 sec delay for the second pulse (no power just n_o that close).txt" (1/1)

help would greatly be apreciated.

Help will probably be forthcoming, if you: A: Turn off html, and post only plain text. B: Post only ASCII text to the newsgroup. C: Proofread your post for grammar, spelling, syntax, and content.

--
Good Luck!
Rich Grise, Self-Appointed Chief,

D) Try to make your Subject lines shorter than 161 characters (The original post didn't make it to me.)

Rich, What do you see as the difference between plain text (A) and ASCII (B)?

Reply to
JeffM

  1. Don't post binaries (I see four messages with various file extensions and (1/1) in the subjects).
  2. Don't crosspost. Pick one group that appears (by the CONTENTS of the messages in it, or even better if you can find it, by the FAQ/Charter) to be a best fit for your question, and post there.

Most people see a distinction between plain text and HTML even though they are both composed of characters from the ASCII character set (which consists of 128 characters, representable in 7 bits). Apparently the B part about "only ASCII" is in responst to the binary posts I also rail against in 5. Looking at the subject line of this post, the OP ironically posted a .txt file as an attachment.

-----

Ben Bradley

You misspelled HTML... :-P

Would ASCII have "detexted" the difference?

Tom (ducking AND running very fast)

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Nothing, really. I was just running off at the mouth. :-)

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise