1 sec delay in 8051MC using 8 bit auto reload mode

Hi

Can anybody tell me the formula to calculate the 1 sec delay in 8 bit auto reload timer mode in 8051.

Thanks in Advance.I appreciate Help.

Syed Sameer Ahmed

Reply to
enchanters

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

this is better

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

I need the formula...............for calculating the value of TH0 in 8 bit auto reload mode only..This is my requirement...

Please help

Reply to
enchanters

The formula is "No Can Do".

The maximum interval that can be generated with an 8-bit counter is

256mS. You want 1000mS. 1000 is bigger than 265. Sorry.

If only you had bothered to read what Martin posted instead of whining...

Reply to
LittleAlex

hehe

I knew that, the OP didn't even say what his/her Frequency of the xtal was, but on the other hand, s/he asked for the formula, which I didn't know offhand , so I just looked at the source code, of my first html suggestion, and it's more or less there in java coffee stuff code (which I never got the hang of, cos it's on a PC, too big for an embedded mind).

cheers

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Not quite.

You CAN generate 1 sec interrupts, from 8 bit reload mode timers, [ given certain conditions ;) ]

We have a product that does exactly this, using AT89LP4052

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Did you mean 256uS instead ?