Re: Can cold weather damage electronics components and circuit boards?

RoHS solder has already shown itself to be substandard in this

> respect, and we'll be seeing lots of these failures as the standard > becomes the rule in the rest of the world. Course, Europe will lead > the way in broken electronics gear! > > Now that was done to reduce 'hazardous' materials in the disposal > chain. Wait... So now they throw away *more* stuff because it breaks > more quickly? That's efficiency?

Um ... efficient at promoting a bustling economy, maybe, by ensuring a never-ending market. In the short run, at least.

I must be un-American, and possibly unpatriotic, because I hate stuff that breaks and I eschew the mindless upgrade race. I embrace and hold onto whatever works well.

Reply to
Michael