Re: 2N2222 vs. MPS2222A

Trying to build a wireless mike for a guitar, not having much luck:

> 1. I have substituted MPS2222A tranistor for 2N2222. Is this ok for > this type of application? I was just guessing that the 2222 means they > are similar ;-) > 2. How can you measure a coil's inductance? If you make the coil > yourself, can you be sure its "correct" somehow? > 3. For testing, I have a 555 timer creating an a sound, that when > hooked up to a speaker sounds like a high pitched tone. at close range, > the tone is heard on FM radio, even without being hooked up to the > transmitter circuitry. Why is this? If the tone is audible, how are > radio waves in the FM band being produced? Is it ok to substitute such > a circuit for an electret mike, which will eventually be a feed from the > guitar or effects board? > 4. How can I tell if I'm even getting RF waves out of my circuit? Can > an oscilliscope hooked up to the antenna tell me if i'm atleast getting > oscillation? > > This is my first basic circuit that doesn't have led's or sound or > something to allow me troubleshoot and "see" what's happening. Any tips > on how to troubleshoot RF circuits like these? > Thanks

Using hearsay as a source of specific manufacture specifications information is full of misinformation. Spec. sheets are just a click away.

Reply to
abpccpba

is full of misinformation. Spec. sheets are just a click away.

I reckon he's figured it out by now.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

is full of misinformation. Spec. sheets are just a click away.

And chances are good that if the guy who dug up this old post looked further, they'd have seen a string of replies that actually helped him. I can't be bothered checking google, but that's the norm every time I've checked one of these time warp posts.

But yes, even if he hadn't got an answer back then,he likely would have had the chance to figure it out after 12 years.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

And people wonder why I don't want my posts archived by Google!

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse