Question for the RF gods among us

I am in the market for a decent introduction and mid-level course on RF, in book form. I think I have narrowed my choices down to two volumes, and am interested to see if anyone has anything to say about either one. 1) RF Circuit Design: Theory and Applications (Reinhold Ludwig/Pavel Bretchko) which is currently a little over $100.00 on Amazon. And 2) RF Circuit Design (Christopher Bowick) which I can get for a little over $20.00. Obviously the second will save me money in the short run, but I wonder if it will save me any money in the long run. Does anyone know either of these? (Is the first book WORTH $100.00+? Will the second suffice for someone wanting to build a small RF amplifier to boost their TV antenna signal, or an antenna preselector/RF amplifier to boost their shortwave listening choices?) *Any* help would be greatly appreciated. I am ignorant where RF is concerned, and would really like to remedy that in the best way possible.

Thanks,

Dave snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Dave

All that $$ to build a preamp? That's like buying a restaurant to get a meal. There are several designs freely available doing a websearch.

You could just buy or bid a preamp for about $20.

in

it

RF

possible.

Reply to
Gizmofiddler

RF, in

and am

RF

Bretchko)

if it

these?

someone

signal, or

where RF

possible.

Hands-on experince can't be beat. Get the ARRL handbook and others from

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th