Question about cristal oscillator

Hello

I need a low jitter cristal oscillator that I can adjust between 10mhz and

12mhz, I did founded a circuit in this web page;

Does it would be good and have a low jitter ?

In the web site it say that you can adjust the frequency by changing C1 value, so I would use a triming capacitor and replace it by a fix cap wen I would have the right frequency.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Reply to
Gaetan Mailloux

do you want to adjust it by exchanging the crystal with a different one? Crystal oscilators are basically fixed to the frequency of the crystal. (adjustemnt is maybe +/- 1% if you push them real hard)

Crystal oscilators are typically low jitter (especially if given a stable power supply etc), that design was done to get the crystals tp produce overtones, running in overtone mode may give significant jitter.

the web site also says you get a chose of F 2F and 3F. however you choose F only at-most only one of (F,2F,3F) will be in the 10-12Mhz range.

if you want a low jitter, tunable, oascillator with an adjustment range that covers 10 to 12Mhz some sort of L-C oscillator may be a better choice.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Possibly followed by a sharp pass-band filter to filter out jitter.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

That's true but it won't pull the frequency very far away from the crystal design frequency. Nothing like 1MHz.

Reply to
Cwatters

Hello

I need a frequency of 11.2896 mhz, so I should try to find a crystal at this frequency but there is nothing like this arround here.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Eeyore ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) writes: > Jasen Betts wrote:

Reply to
Gaetan Mailloux

Didn't look very hard did you ? Ever heard of Google ? I entered "11.2896 mhz" and the first hit was this.

Seems to include the oscillator too.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Yes!

You may have to do mail-order.

these guys have a bunch in that frequency,

not being a fan of SMT I'd get the top one.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

The fact is that the frequency he wants is READILY AVAILABLE !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

and

Sure. But was that because they stock 11.2896 MHz parts or because they pay Google to tell you: "When ordered by thousands, we will supply any frequency in that range" ? :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

Hello everybody

I know Google and Mouser, but last time I've order by mail few electronics parts by mail (nothing of heavy weight) it cost me $35 for shipping only, that was too much for my low budget !!

So I am not very interest to do anymore mail ordering.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Reply to
Gaetan Mailloux

this

Try Electrosonic

They're a Canadian electronic distributor, and have an office in Ottawa, so you may be able to pick up the parts there, and avoid shipping charges (but they may still have a minimum order.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Where the heck DO you expect to get them then ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore