Power brick different outputs

I have a laptop that needs a power brick at 11V 4.5A that I cannot get hold of.

In desparation, I tried a different power brick at 15V 3.0A. All 'seems' to work ok. Can I continue using this power brick or am I causing long term damage?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
chris

Is the original brick just a straight constant voltage type or does it have the current limiting circuit built in for charging the battery?

Which laptop?

Reply to
CWatters