modem update

well this is no longer on the topic of electronics. i did several things to the 56k modem. i plugged it into a different power strip, adjusted the settings, tried new drivers. still 14 kbps.

i found an old 28.8 modem which has doubled my speed. so i'll save up for a better 56k.

it's a shame because the USR are $100 new. and i think my old one would flash to v92 standards. i might want to try some more 9 volt AC walwarts.

Gravity

Reply to
gravity

Sorry to hear you're having all this trouble. I like my old $120 USR. I thought the externals came with lifetime guarantees?

I'm on my third one. Lightning ate the first two. Last call was years ago, but their customer service was pretty good, guy I talked to sounded knowledgeable and was quick to replace the bad ones.

default