Mercury cells

I would like to know how long for is possible to store, and in wich conditions (temperature), the out of production mercury cells 1.35Volts PX625. They are infact now rare, due to the mercury contained iside that creates enviroment contamination problems. On the other hand it is no easy to obtain with other batteries the same perfrmances on some apparatus, due the constant voltage output. Considering that I still have a couple of PX625, I would like to know how long may I expect to have them ready to work with my exposure meter Gossen Lunasix3 that accepts also the new alkaline 625 but showing no useful indications due the different voltage ( using two PX625 there is a difference of plus 0.3 Volts).

Is there any serious adapter to use with different battery type? I was thinking to choose Silver-oxide cells and do not take in consideration air-zinc technology because of the short life of cells: less than one year, even if you do not use the meter, from the moment you lift the label.

MOST IMPORTANT: How can I manage the mercury exausted cells? Can I put them in the "normal" exausted batteries bin?

Thanks. Carlo

Reply to
Carlo G

If you check things out, I am sure that you can match this up with a silver oxide battery that will fit in and work. I cannot remember the type number.

As for the shelf life, it would last about 2 to 4 years. Even if you were to refridgerate these batteries, it would not do much good. Freezing them can only damage them.

Jerry G. ========

Carlo G wrote:

1.35Volts

creates

obtain

know how

Gossen

was

consideration

year,

put them

Reply to
Jerry G.

|I am sure that you can match this up |with a silver oxide battery that will fit | Jerry G

Yup.

JeffM