looking Hydroponics and solar power battery suggestions....tia sal

Greetings All

I have one pump for a hydroponic pot and timer I would like to have them run using solar power can anyone suggest the equipment I need to convert the ac devices to run off a good solar panel?

TIA sal

Reply to
<sal

You're going to want batteries to store the electricity and an inverter to convert it to AC. most places that sell solar panels can advise you...

it might be cheaper to get a DC powered pump from a chandler (boat hardware supplier) the timer would also have to be replaced, perhaps with a clockwork one, perhaps with something made specially

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Sal

what is the pump voltage and current. Where do you live ( to determine the amount of available solar energy per day ) how long do you want the pump to run in 24 hours and what months should it run.

Ray

Reply to
rayjking