Looking for Flexible/adjustable caps and fiber optic cables for laser tia sal2

Looking for Flexible/adjustable caps and fiber optic cables for laser

Greetings ALL

I have a 4mw laser pen that I would like to put a cap on so I can direct the laser light In the direction I choose. Is there something like this out there? I know they have the flexlights

but these have the light at the end I would like to have the light at the backend and have the laser light travel down the fiber optic line. See animation below link of what I?m trying to find/build

TIA

Reply to
<sal

laser light

they have the flexlights

backend and have the laser light

to find/build

You'll have to use a fairly thick optical fibre, most likely a fiber made for ligthening, not for data traffic. I suggest that you either ask a physics store, wich might happend to have "educational" fibre, that is very tick. The back side of having a thick fibre, is that you can't bend is as much as a thin one.

Otherwise, a good source for these is the fibre optical ligths that you have in some shops (the ones rotating and changing colors.)

If you want to split the signal, you'll have to either cut the fibre, and splice two of 'em together. That would be quite difficult. Or, you could use a prism.

--
MVH,
Vidar

laser light