Influencing electrical devices ?

Hi group.

This may sound like a strange question, but has anyone here ever exhibited or witnessed the ability to affect equipment by thought power ?

I'm pretty sure that it isn't showing up under normal conditions (Windows crashes often enough anyway) but I did notice that when i was trying to do anything really important a few years back , the level of system crashes went up . (monitors breaking down, that kind of thing) . We are talking hardware failures here, not software .

Any ideas ?

-A

Reply to
Andre

Not personally, though your experience below sounds painfully familiar...

Well, Murphy's Law comes to mind. Maybe Murphy's just the personalization of the Dark side of the Force. ;>)

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

Sorry. The paranormal is out of my realm although I briefly worked on a Kirlian photography project once, but I have noticed certain people to have deleterious effects on some hardware at some times. I don't know if it's them, the phase of the moon, or just plain bad karma. Why don't you ask DarkMatter, our resident expert on strange, dysfunctional behavior.

Reply to
Baphomet

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:30:38 -0700, "Baphomet" Gave us:

Everything about this world we live in is outside your realm. You are an E-1 grade dipshit.

Hahahahah... a "project"? You sure it wasn't just a lame experiment?

Bwuhahahahahaahhahaha...

That is because you possess so much of the latter.

Yes. That is why I pointed YOU out to the group as being dysfunctional. You obviously are. You couldn't defend your bullshit accusation that I forge my headers, nor could you defend your bullshit claim that DC doesn't cause heart fibrillation. That definitely qualifies you as totally dysfunctional.

Reply to
DarkMatter

The question really isn't that strange at all. I've noticed the effects you describe several times, and I have no explanation for them given the particulars of any one situation.

Some examples: A misbehaving computer, one that's known to have a history of malfunctions, mysteriously starts working perfectly for as long as I'm in the room. The same thing has happened to a close friend of mine.

In another case, I left on a week's vacation not long ago. The same day I was out the door, my wife's computer, which had been working just fine, suddenly throws an electronic fit. Same thing for my dial-in terminal server. I was unable to retrieve much of my E-mail from the road.

My own experiences have not been limited to computer equipment. I've had test gear throw a hissy-fit while I'm working with it, only to (apparently) fix itself with no further malfunctions if I just set it aside for a while.

I've trouble-shot for all the usual issues -- loose or dirty connections, bad power, errors in my setup, etc. -- and have never been able to find anything conclusive.

I will say this much. Our brains and nervous systems work on electricity. So does our technology. Early experiments have shown that direct electrical stimulation of parts of the brain, via electrodes, produces all kinds of interesting behavior.

Given all that, the idea that one could affect the other, without the benefit of wiring and intervening circuitry, does not seem all that far-fetched to me, though darned if I've found any hard proof of it.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)

Oh no! You've just given Dark Matter another opportunity to throw one of his temper tantrums about introducing electric currents into the human body :-)

Reply to
Baphomet

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:34:35 -0700, "Baphomet" Gave us:

Sounds to me like your lame, retarded ass was a victim of such brain stimulus. Except that there are no brains up there, and the stimulus merely made you even more retarded.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Years ago I maintained a CATV headend, along with other distribution equipment. The system manager could walk into the headend, and equipment would quit working. I would run him out and everything would start working again. He was convinced I was trying to pull a trick on him, till he caught me busy at my bench in another room and slipped in to the locked room, and a full rack of satellite receivers failed, one right after another. After that, he stayed away from the equipment.

He seemed to have the same effect on a lot of people. He would walk into a room and people would leave, as fast as they could.

--

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

An other explanation may be, that the failure rate is the same, but you will remember it better if the failure occured at an awkward moment.

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton

Yup, seen that one .

Explanation :- adjusting local RF fields so that a marginal logic gate someplace is temporarily biased so that it works ? This is the kind of thing that happens with mobile phones as well (some phones just will not reliably connect to the network if a certain person is using them) .

e.g. my scope (which worked fine when the owner demonstrated it, only to break down when i went to use it)

Static ?

Let me know if you find a circuit that can reliably be influenced by thought power, I'd be very interested :)

-A

Reply to
Andre

I'd say that this guy has a genuine ability . Someone should scan him , see if he has an unusually strong electrostatic effect or similar .

Many years ago I read about a case of a Russian lady who could actually move objects with mind power . The scan picked up that she had an unusually strong bio-electric field (much higher than normal) .

LOL :) This happens to me also (people walk out of a room as I walk in)

Reply to
Andre

On 27 Sep 2003 06:57:42 -0700, testing snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Andre) Gave us:

Take a shower.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Hmm, seems like you could get a job as an employment councellor... or a manager. Is your friend still working?

(sorry)

Reply to
Robert Monsen

Who was the theoretical physicist that could crash an experimental setup just by getting near it?

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 01:56:30 -0700, Mark Fergerson Gave us:

This entire thread is a bunch of brownian motion. :]

Did anyone ever consider that a person might dress such that their ES field is very high?

People can walk around charged up to several hundred volts. More even. There are personnel in larger electronic industry firms that are specifically charged with the duty of walking around with an ESD field meter device, checking people, and other items which can build, and store an ES field. I doubt that it is much else.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Just about every one I've met, I think :-)

--
Then there's duct tape ...
              (Garrison Keillor)

Selective memory theory . Yeah, could be .

-A

Reply to
Andre

In article , testing snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com mentioned... [snip]

They have some way of sensing an amputee's nerve pulses, so even tho there is no arm, the amputee can think about raising his arm, and the prosthesis will be activated. Of course this requires something in contact with the amputee.

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun

Some guy named Murphy ?

-A

Reply to