How Long Will 3 D (11 volts) Batteries Last A Cassette Recorder?

When will the quality of my recorder "start" degrading?

Thank you, Christopher Lusardi

Reply to
clusardi2k

Sorry, I forgot to add that I use them at the same time.

Chris Lusardi

Reply to
clusardi2k

Impossible to answer without more info...

Which type of battery? - Alkaline? NiMH? NiCAD?

What's the power consumption in Watts (W) Sometimes it's written on the label on the bottom. Sometimes it's on the mains adaptor.

With this info we can give a worse case estimate - but they could last between 2 and four times as long. Usually the volume you play the music at has an effect.

Do you use headphones? They use less power than a speaker.

Reply to
CWatters

PS. Three D size cells produce between 3.6 and 4.5 V depending on the technology - not 11V.

Reply to
CWatters

What batteries does your recorder normally use, and how long do they last?

Do you plan to use the D cells in series or parallel - if in series, you will get 4.5 volts, not 11. (and in parallel, you get 1.5 volts.)

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

I want to use them in parallel.

The owner's manual says : use 3 D batteries (4.5 volts) power requirements are 120 V, 50/60 Hz alkaline batteries 7.5 Hours

Christopher Lusardi

Reply to
clusardi2k

That says that the thing uses the D cells in series.

Doesn't this answer your question?

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
GPS and NMEA info and programs: http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/index.html
Newsgroup new user info: http://vancouver-webpages.com/nnq
Reply to
Peter Bennett

To get 4.5 V you need 3 cells in series not parallel.

No mention of the power consumption (measured in watts = W)? Not even near the mains input?

Reply to
CWatters