Sanyo M2820 Portable Radio/Cassette Recorder Schematic Source

Hi,

Does anyone know of a site where I can buy a schematic for a Sanyo model M2820 portable (mono) radio/cassette recorder?

Thank You in advance, John

PS, I searched the Web and tried

(Photofacts & technical publications).

Reply to
jaugustine

A different approach would be to mention the problem. Perhaps we can suggest a fix without the need for the manual.

Dan

Reply to
dansabrservices

Hi Dan,

I should have mentioned I am a retired service tech (many years) in consumer products (TVs, VCRs, Stereos, etc.) repair.

The problem has to do with a long delay 30 to 40 seconds when you turn on the Radio before you hear the sound. This happens when the radio has not been turned on for several hours. If you turn on the radio in 15 minutes to a few hours after it was on, the sound "comes on" very quickly.

I know the technique to isolate the faulty stage. The schematic would save me time (I won't have to circuit trace).

John

Reply to
jaugustine

I see there's one listed on ebay - not mine but I should have one according to an old database I have from my service days back then. I do put some on ebay as I find them depending on condition etc. I'll keep a look out for it but it could take some weeks to locate. Dave

Reply to
Dave

Try your basic Google search. Many times it comes up with a link to electrotanya. There is also a very very slight chance the hifmanuals or hifiengine has it.

Reply to
jurb6006

Agreed. However, I suspect that you will find that electrolytic capacitors in general will be the actual problem(s). Look for any swelling or signs of damage or leakage - you may not need the schematic after all.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Try preheating the radio. If it then comes on immediately you've almost certainly got a lazy small value electrolytic on the board.

If you have an ESR checker, run through all the caps after the radio has spent about half an hour in the refrigerator.

I still make an excellent living repairing consumer electronics, and using time saving shortcuts allow me to do so. Very few things these days has a full schematic for it. Most of the time I'm piecing them together from IC datasheets.

Reply to
John-Del

If it has a switching power supply that is where I would look for a bad capacitor or more. If you have one of the SMD heat guns, play it on the electrolytic capacitors to see which one makes it come on faster.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery