Heavy Duty Soldering

I have an assembly that uses Cu bus bars 1.55 mm thick connected to a 3 oz Cu plane on PCB via through hole pins 1.5mm wide. So that gives pins about 1.5 mm sq.

The problem I have is that with the iron I'm using at the moment the combined heat sinking of the Cu plane and the Cu bus bar is too much for the iron to overcome. I'm looking for something that would be appropriate. I've used American Beauty heavy duty Irons in the past for similar purposes but I'm wondering if any one has other (perhaps better) suggestions. Robert

Reply to
R Adsett