HDTV: 60 Hz versus 120Hz

Trying to compare a Sony XBR6 37 inch 60HZ TV to a Samsung A630 40 inch 120 HZ TV.

I am going to use the TV for watching Bluray movies and HDTV cable sitcoms/ movies. Can people please provide some insight into the difference in these two TVs and the technologies 60 Hz vs 120Hz?

I don't think I am noticing much difference at all and I am told the Sony XBR6 has deeper balcks and better colors.

Someone wrote "120Hz HDTVs are more a benefit when using a Blu-Ray player with content that is 1080p/24. Since 24 is a multiple of 120, there is no 3:2 pulldown required, so you don't see any "jittery-ness" caused by the repeated frames when you do 3:2". I am not sure what this means.

Thanks

Reply to
Andy

Brief explanation of this phenomenon at

Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

Unless they had to build your home *around* your TV or knock out a wall to bring it in, you will NEVER see any difference. HD is over-sold hype for the gullible.

Reply to
JeffM