HD copy

I need to copy all my HD for other new HD. As to do that to maintain all the information already existent, without needing to install all my programs again.

Tks

Reply to
Fernando

Fernando puts out:

There's software (like Drive Image) that can do that... but it isn't free.

--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil.
"People told me I can't dress like a fairy.

The Evanescen(t/ce) HP: http://marreka.no-ip.com
Reply to
Chaos Master

Get the _latest version_ of "Ghost" from Symantec. It should say "Incorporates Drive Image Technology" or something like that on the box. (The excellent program "Drive Image" was merged into the program Ghost when Symantec purchased the company that wrote it = PowerQuest).

Reply to
CWatters

google for xxcopy

it's free ...use the /clone option

Reply to
philo

Partition Magic Drive Image Norton's Ghost image

Just a few.

Graham

Reply to
Grey

If the original drive is a Maxtor then d/l Maxblast from maxtors site. Boot up from the floppy you create and use the tools to copy the whole partition to the other drive.

iirc other drive manufacturers do similar tools to d/l too.

Reply to
Volund