External ISA box?

Hi, I am using an old 386 machine only because it houses a logic analyser card in a ISA slot. I would like to take the card out of there, plug it into a box with a USB connector, and use it on my notebook computer. Is such a box available at all? Please bear in mind that the logics on the logic analyser board may be too slow for the PC's nowadays. Any other suggestions? Thank you Johan Smit

Reply to
Johan Smit

I've seen a USB-to-ISA converter that allowed you to use an ISA bus card in a USB-enabled computer. I can't find the link right now but you should be able to Google for it.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

But the chances of it working with an old custom ISA card are pretty remote as the software wouldn;t know how to talk to it.

It would probably be possible to bodge it onto a PCMCIA card however, depending on what I/O, IRQ and DMA requirements it has - I did for the Microchip Picamster emulator ISA card some years ago.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

You could take a look at

Or buy a new logic analyser :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

Hi Gerard and all who replied, Arstech do sell the exact thing I was looking for. Then I thought about the difficulties in writing the software, and the cost of the development, and I came to the conclusion that buying a new logic analyser might be the best option. Thank you all Best Regards Johan Smit

Reply to
Johan Smit