Creative DTT2200 6.1 Speaker System Falty

=_NextPart_000_0012_01C77C59.2F364D90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

N=E9lio R. C. Abreu Portugal snipped-for-privacy@sapo.pt

Hi there,=20

I have a Creative DTT2200 6.1 Sound system that I have bought a few = years ago. It have worked fine up until a few weeks ago. Now during = playback, the sound goes up and down sudenly without touching the volume = knob. I have checked the main board and power supply, thinking the = problem could be located in one of the many electrolitic capacitors that = might have been damage (for example liking fluid out or with the top = expanded) but no capacitor is damaged. Does any one have a clue what the = problem is?

Please post reply in this news or send me email to the above adress.

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
Nélio Abreu

=_NextPart_000_0039_01C77C3C.1D2BF310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Your volume control is dirty. This periodically happens to my creative = speaker system as well. Just take it apart and clean the volume control = and you'll be okay for another 6 months.

Hi there,=20

I have a Creative DTT2200 6.1 Sound system that I have bought a few = years ago. It have worked fine up until a few weeks ago. Now during = playback, the sound goes up and down sudenly without touching the volume = knob. I have checked the main board and power supply, thinking the = problem could be located in one of the many electrolitic capacitors that = might have been damage (for example liking fluid out or with the top = expanded) but no capacitor is damaged. Does any one have a clue what the = problem is?

Please post reply in this news or send me email to the above adress.

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
greysky