boosting range of wireless thermometer?

I have a cheap Accurite wireless thermometer from Walmart. Is there any easy way to boost the range? I tried lengthening the short wire antenna inside the indoor receiver, but this didn't help. Maybe I should have lengthened the sensor antenna as well?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Right now, I'd say the unit has about a

30-50' range and I'd like to double that if possible.

Thanks, Jack

Reply to
Jack Rulo

Try repositioning ... both units if possible.

Reply to
Charles Schuler