Looking for (automotive?) servo to actuate a throttle

I need a fairly heavy duty servo unit (Stepper, or DC with feedback) to operate the throttle on an engine.

The catch is that it must have to have an electrically operated clutch to allow it to be fully disconnected.

I can imagine that there may be some automotive cruise control units that would work, but I am not at all familiar with what is out there. Any thoughts?

Thx Scott Kelley

Reply to
Scott Kelley

I think most cruise control units only push on the throttle lever and when they "disconnect" they leave just back off and leave the throttle under the control of the pedal.

maybe you could do the same?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . rest/ilde return spring (optional) ||///////////////|# manual control-------------+ |>

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Many cruise control units have a vacuum servo to move the throttle. If you want a true clutch mechanism, perhaps a magnetic clutch would work - it only provides a connection when energized. John

Reply to
John