AA battery cradle that charges as well as powering devices when not charging?

Hi,

I am an absolute beginner when it comes to electronics but have had an idea to provide two power options when using my PDA:

When I am using my PDA I would like to have the option of using the built in battery that comes with the PDA or in other instances use batteries (AA) purchased from a shop when I am not near a mains power to plug it in. So, I was thinking about getting my hands on a AA battery charger. Now, here comes the clever part (ha) - instead of lugging about a AA battery charger, my PDA charging cradle (both with their own power leads) I was thinking about simply using a AA battery charger that also could be used as a power out supply where by plugging it into my PDA could be the sole power supply for the PDA. When Im out in the wilderness and come across a shop I can buy batteries, plug them into the AA charging cradle and plug that into the PDA ... or when I do have access to a mains power supply I can charge my rechargeable AA batteries with the AA charger for another run.

So, my question would be does such a battery charging device exist that can charge batteries as well as output to an electronic device when not charging (or even both at once)?

Cheers

Burnsy

Ps. If it can also power AAA batteries too that would be a bonus

Reply to
bissatch