A DIY Multiverb remote footswitch?

Hello,

I've got a box, the ART Multiverb III (looks like

"multi-effects module", which supports some type of remote operation via a footswitch plugged into the back (the "REMOTE" plug in the image above, which seems to be a regular 1/4" phone jack)

Unfortunately, I've never had the footswitch and have no idea how its supposed to work but I'd like to build one... Is there some type of standard for these foot control switches? Anyone have one available they'd be willing to put under a 'scope?

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

TIA and regards,

--
Pat Deegan,
http://www.psychogenic.com/

Hi. If the jack is a regular mono jack, the pedal would be a regular latching SDST swith (either on or off) shown on schematics something like this: _/_ one end goes to the signal lead and the other end goes to the shield wire so the loop is either shorted or open.

check here: the Carling 110p will do it

"Pat Deegan" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@psychogenic.com...

Reply to
Dope mcSmoke

If it's just a 1/4" jack, it probably is just a normal switch that moves up one patch at a time. For more than that I think you have to go MIDI.

The more knowledgeable among us may be able to shed a little more light.

Reply to
tempus fugit

It seems you are correct. I tried it out using a guitar patch cord and piece of wire to short the ring and tip and it seems to work.

If I put this into a stompbox, should I use something like an RC to debounce the switch?

Regards,

--
Pat Deegan,
http://www.psychogenic.com/
Registered Linux User #128131
Reply to
Pat Deegan

"Pat Deegan" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@psychogenic.com:

jack)

its

Do you have a manual? I've gotten some from their website. Sometimes they say what kind of switch it it. I can't imagine it being any more than a switch that changes patches sequentially (A1, A2, B1, etc) For that, all you'd need is a momentary switch - like a Boss FS-5U - or, since you want to build one, just find whatever makes a momentary switch tick, and take it from there.

Reply to
The Chris