6 Hz DC output

I have a car battery 12 volts. I wanna run a 7A load at

6 Hz. Does anyone know a way for me to oscillate the output of the car battery at 6 Hz??

I can't use a function generator and plugging it into a power amplifier because the freq response of most power amplifier is 20Hz - 20Khz. I need 6 Hz output with current capacity of 7A.

Thanks.

James

Reply to
James

LM555 with Darlington/Thyristor ?

Regards, Mark Van Borm

Reply to
Mark VB

Waveform?

Reply to
CWatters

If someone wants power at 6Hz, the chances are pretty good that it's not a sinewave they want. Especially not with the wording of the original post, and not if someone can't immediately come up with a DC coupled power amplifier.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

original

I guess you might be right... but this is what he wanted last time.....

Reply to
CWatters

___ If you don't have to be real tight on frequency, how about this:

7805 regulator and caps to supply a low-end PIC with internal oscillator. PIC programmed to output a 6 Hz square wave that drives the gate of a MOSFET? One of the IRF series would work for 7A @ 12V. What is the load and temperature range?
Reply to
Charles Jean