Xilinx FPGA Pinout spreadsheets

Hi,

I have a vague memory that Xilinx used to provide excel spreadsheets that showed the graphical pinout of each FPGA package using coloured cells to represent each pin. I couldn't find any reference after much googling and searching of the Xilinx site. Does anyone have a pointer to these spreadsheets, if indeed they still (or ever) existed?

Rob

Reply to
rob.dimond

Hi Rob, Try partgen -v device_name at the DOS prompt. HTH, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Or try Jim Wu's ADEPT:

It has a similar functionality built in. Or maybe it calls partgen and displays tne result in Excel? Dunno, but very handy tool nevertheless.

--
My email address is only valid until the end of the month.
Try figuring out what the address is going to be after that...

They have an Excel spreadsheet for the Spartan 3 - I Googled "spartan 3 datasheets" and went straight to it - but I could only see ASCII text files for Virtex 4 e.t.c. Maybe they don't do it for BGA packages.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

Yes, ADEPT runs partgen and several other ISE tools in the background. The goal is to present the information in ways that make more sense to users.

Cheers, Jim

Reply to
Jim Wu

Historically, the xilinx documentation assumed you wanted a certain amount of logic and gave you the pinouts for each package for a given density in each table. This was inherently not usefull, the truth being that you need a certain amount of IO which dictates the package. About three years ago I had spent several rediculous hours making sure I could place different densities of virtex in the same pcb footprint and posted my irritance here.

The guy responsible for the Spartan documentation emailed me wanting to know what I thought of the docs he had created for spartan. Turned out he had created what we all needed. He apologised (in so many words) that he was not responsible for how the virtex pinouts were presented.

The virtex documentation these days w.r.t. pinout is much better, but they are different.

Colin

Reply to
colin