Virtex-4 : OCM

I was trying to run a C program from the OCM BRAM. I have not incorporate
external memory to my design yet. I managed to download the ELF file using XMD
but it didn't run. When I type "stop", the message from XMD was "unable to stop
processor". What could be the problem? What are the settings required in order
to run program from OCM.

Thanks.

Re: Virtex-4 : OCM

external memory to my design yet. I managed to download the ELF file using
XMD but it didn't run. When I type "stop", the message from XMD was "unable
to stop processor". What could be the problem? What are the settings
required in order to run program from OCM.

I think OCM requires data and instruction memories. Do you have both? Also
the reset vector will be at the top of memory (0xfffffffc) so the I-OCM has
to be at least mapped to that range. (and, of course, your program has to
fit in the avialbale memory)

You also need to verify that xmd is actually attached. It should report a
port number like 1234 if it works. I frequently get lost in xmd and have to
close it and restart.

-Clark

Re: Virtex-4 : OCM
Thanks. Yes, I have both I-side and D-side OCM. XMD did not complaint that the
address was out-of-range. So I supposed that the program can fit to the OCM. Or
is there anyway to check is the program fit the OCM?

- Zyan

Site Timeline