V5-SYSMON : MAX6043 suitable?

Hi all,

In UG192 Xilinx proposes to use a MAX6043 Reference IC as a supply for the System Monitor section. But I couldn't take the System Monitor into operation, because the REF- Voltage reached only 2.0 V, although the supply current was roughly 7mA and therefore lower than the maximum value of 10m amps from the MAX6043.

I solved this issue by replacing the MAX6043 by a MAX6033 (same package, lower precision, higher source current of 10 mA).

Do you have any idea what's going wrong?

Ed

Reply to
biker

Did you look at the MAX6043 datasheet spec for input voltage? The

2.5V version requires 4.5V minimum input and the 3.3V version needs a minimum of 5.3V in...

The MAX6033 dropout voltage is much lower, 2.7V min for 2.5V out.

Reply to
Gabor

Thank you for the hint, you solved my problem; After an optimization step I had overseen that I had replaced a +5.0V Voltage by 3.3 Volts.

Thanks Ed

Reply to
biker